Posted on August 3, 2022
On March 10, 1954, Bernard Lyons, chairman of the land committee, reported that the Chateau Baltusrol was available for $70,000, $3,500 down with a 5 percent mortgage. This proposal was adopted on March 17, with the understanding that the membership of 102 families would agree to increasing dues $25 to a total of $100. During that summer the members spent long days repairing and remodeling the building. Our first High Holiday services were held in September 1954, under religious chairman Leonard Golden, visiting Rabbi Feier and Cantor Irving Kramerman.